Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Checking Off A Prayer List - Thankful!

Do you ever stop and think about what you were doing at this time last year?  One year ago today I was in Cheyenne, Wyoming (where it is ACTUALLY cold - not this wimpy 40 degree winter here in Texas) on my hands and knees scrubbing floors, polishing porcelain toilets, dreaming of the day I would get to see God fulfilling the desires of my heart, and repeating the following Bible verses over & over & over again.
 
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
 
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 
 
& to be completely honest there were moments when I felt discouraged and lost as I could not see ahead - for the beauty that was to come.  In one of these moments this verse was given to me
 
 Job 17:11-12   My days have passed, my plans are shattered, Yet the desires of my heart, turn night into day; in the face of the darkness light is near.
 
 
& then 6 months later this was me - sitting at my desk working for my favorite Christian Radio Station in Austin, Texas. SWEET JESUS right?!
 
I imagined all would be well when I arrived in Texas, that suddenly the sun beams would break apart the storm clouds of my life and the forest animals would line up hand and hoof/paw to dance merrily with me (Cue the Disney Princess music!)
 
Reality calling - EARTH TO RHIANNA - yeah, hi! You're going to make negative amounts of money the first two months because you have to pay for two children in childcare, gas money to drive thirty minutes away for work, & oh yeah I'm just going to throw breaking a side view mirror on a car that is not yours by backing out of the garage on top of it JUST to see how much you REALLY trust me in the financial areas of your life. Thank God for church family during this time! For those of you reading this right now - my words will never express how truly grateful I am to all of you who helped during my time of need!
 
If you are a Face friend (Facebook friend)- you would have noticed the constant talk about shining your light and keeping it bright. Those things I post are not always just for the reader, they are most often times something I needed to hear too. In the dark I choose to focus on the light - Jesus (John 8:12).  & more Bible verses after all it is the instruction manual of living in this world!
 
THIS ONE (points below) THIS ONE!!!!
 
& THIS (please listen to song)
 
 
Well, here's the other big news in my life!  I think I've found it - (insert British voice) By golly I think I've got it!
 
Next Monday is my last day as the receptionist at Spirit 105.9 -a bitter sweet moment.  I will stay on the Promo team to help a few times a month because I love my Spirit family soooooo much & I could not imagine my life in Texas without them. 
 
But what will I be doing then you ask?
(DRUM ROLL PLEASE!)
.....................................................
Okay first let's see what I prayed for every morning and every night for months upon months trusting and believing that God would make a way:
 
1) A job to glorify the Lord using the talents He gave me
2) A Christian environment
3) The chance to speak about my love for the Lord & to use the past experiences to help others
4) Enough pay to support my little men & me, along with benefits to take care of my family
5) Hours that are flexible so I can be apart of my mini men's lives more (totally missed going into Aydn & Kayl's classes to play)
6) A job that I can do and allow time to work on my speaking career
7) Work from home so I do not have to deal with insane traffic
 
(MORE DRUM ROLL)
..................................................................................
I received a job as the Webmaster of a brand new church here in Austin. I get to use the talents God has gifted me, I got the pay I requested, I also get to work from home (more time with my mini men - YAY!!!) I will do some of their marketing as well... Oh and I also get to speak occasionally about God from a woman's point of view!
(I will provide more information on this Church next month once I get the website up and running - stay tuned!)

Oh & then - cherry topper - an organization near and dear to my heart just happened to need a new Webmaster!
 

Many of you do not know that I already post on Social Media sites for them - but now... NOW I get to help make alllllllllll the pretty & sparkly & encouraging & wonderfully awesome God glorifying  design decisions!!!!!

  
Psalm 37:4 is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo true....
 
Every struggle in your past has shaped you into the person you are today. Take God's hand and step into your future without fear. He is here and He will ALWAYS take care of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment