Friday, September 20, 2013

Proof of His Promise - The Story of the Playstation

This year for my son's 6th birthday he received a Playstation 3 as a gift. Before I show you his reactions in a montage of pictures - let me rewind and prelude the awesome with how incredibly meaningful and beautiful that moment in time was & will forever be to me.

Last year my boys father left after a year of watching our lives crumble.  I won't go into all of the nitty gritty details, but there were moments of fear that washed over me that I never would want any person to experience.  Because of the harm my children's father was putting himself through and the people involved in that life style - our safety was put in jeopardy.

 (Insert Momma Bear mode)  Nobody was going to hurt my babies and I REFUSED to live in that fear. 

 After months of digging deeper into God's word, holding onto His promises, and trusting that He would pull us through this hardship, helping me every step of the way when I did not have the strength - I received a phone call with an invitation to move to Austin, Texas.  I'd love to say that a sense of relief washed over me, but honestly I was afraid... afraid of leaving a place I called my home for my whole life.  So what did I do?

 
I prayed... and prayed... and prayed some more.
 
Hebrews 4:16 Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
 
& then the answers started rolling in.
 
 
Joshua 1:13 Remember the word that Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, saying, ‘The Lord your God is providing you a place of rest and will give you this land.'
Ephesians 2:10 (MSG) For we are God's (own) handiwork (His workmanship) recreated in Christ Jesus, (born anew) that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned before hand) for us (taking paths which He prepared ahead of time), that we should walk in them (living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live).
 
& many more verses pointing in the direction that God wanted me to go.  So I began preparing to leave and the hits kept coming - down to the last few weeks we were there (May of 2013).  Someone broke into our house and stole things, one being my son's Playstation 3, just about the only thing left that he had other than what was already shipped to Texas.  My heart broke... it was devastating for me to tell my son after all that he had been through that another piece of his life was gone, taken from him, for no fault of his own. (insert tears)
 
When I put my little man to bed that night I was desperate to hear God's reaction to this... to know why - because knowing God is good, I saw ZERO good coming from this & I was beyond frustrated with life.  So what did I do? I opened my Bible and my eyes fell upon this:
 
Isaiah 61:7 Instead of your shame
you will receive a double portion,
and instead of disgrace
you will rejoice in your inheritance.
And so you will inherit a double portion in your land,
and everlasting joy will be yours.
 
Wiping my tear streaked face (let's be honest there were some snot streaks in there too because that was an uncontrollable sob fest) I took a deep breath and felt an overwhelming sense of peace wash over me as God whispered "just trust me."
 
Fast forward to September - Aydn's birthday month.  Between having two boys and trying to get back on my feet a brand new Playstation 3 was not obtainable by the income I was taking in... at least by myself.  BUT - 
 
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
 
& a week before Aydn's birthday there was a man down the street who wanted to sell his Playstation 3 for less than half the price of a new one... with four remote controls... with numerous games!!!!!!

(CUE THE MUSIC - It's MONTAGE TIME!)
 



 
 


 
& that's the story of the Playstation... and how truly the promises of God are so real in our lives.  This will forever be one of my favorite memories of how God restored what was done to us. 
Believe & TRUST in what God is doing in your life. 
 
Get your feelings of fear out of the way & continue to praise - ALWAYS!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment