Thursday, September 19, 2013

Don't Quit - Reset!

Okay, so I know my always enthusiastic displays of happy make some people sick and make others question my cheerful authenticness.  Let me be raw and real with you - it's me.  It is how I choose to cope with what life throws at me...

 
 
  
 
Does that mean that I do not get hit with life's blows - NO!  In the last year I went through the agony of a divorce, I've moved over 1,000 miles from home, lost an important friendship, had a family member go into the hospital back home, plus the daily stress of this single Mom thing is NOT easy by ANY means. BUT even in the midst of all of those struggles I could and can still find peace, the key is to continuously seek it.
  When hardships hit it's not time to quit... it's time to reset.   
 
Here are some ways that help me seek & stay in God's peace:
 
 1.) Write a letter of all of the things going right in your life, a thankful list of the blessings and gifts to shift that focus to the right mindset. 
 
2.) Go for a run, hike, or my favorite hula hoop to work out any frustration you may be having.  Always choose good music to accompany the physical activity - God can speak to you in the words of a song. 
 
3.) Meditate on God's word - some of my favorite verses to flip when going through a tough situation are:
 
1 Peter 5:10 And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.
 
Psalm 55:22 Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.
 
Psalm 37:5-6 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.
 
4.) Talk with a family member or a good friend.  Chances are you will be crying together by the end of it - because let's face it people we're all just trying our best to make it in this world! (Shot out to all those who have received these phone calls! Thank you!!)
 
5.) Write some more!  I do not know where I would be if I did not have the opportunity to write everything I am thinking out on paper.  To clear out the anger, resentment, sadness, and all of the other overwhelming feelings that can take a person down a road of bitterness if they hold onto them.
 
Take a deep breath. Exhale. (may need to repeat those a few times) & have faith that it will all work out. Because guess what? It will.
 

 
 

When all hope seems lost, remember and trust in what was done for you on the cross.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. You make me SO proud to know you, sunshine! Can't WAIT to see that gorgeous face next weekend!

    ReplyDelete